Re: [Scouter_T] Class B uniforms

  • A. Dukovic
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 22, 2011
      Yeah, go figure??   We were all using "Class B" any way ... only took 100 years to catch on???

      - Art
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 23, 2011
        See we can't use the term "Class B" we would be advertising for a private company when using the term. Activity Uniform Field Uniform

        herb d

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "A. Dukovic" <artdukovic@...> wrote:

        > Yeah, go figure??   We were all using "Class B" any way ... only took 100 years to catch on???
        >

        > - Art

      • Herb
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 23, 2011
          interesting site BSA uniform
          http://www.bsauniforms.org/

          herb d

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Herb" <hadulzo@...> wrote:

          > See we can't use the term "Class B" we would be advertising for a private company when using the term. Activity Uniform Field Uniform
          >
          > herb d
          >
          > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "A. Dukovic" <artdukovic@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Yeah, go figure??   We were all using "Class B" any way ... only took 100 years to catch on???
          > >

          > > - Art

        • Scott & Rita Eliason
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 23, 2011
            Crappy BSA site, incomplete and too showy for words. No Venturing leader
            uniform items and no Venturing hats or caps. I quit looking at that point.

            Scott Eliason, Assoc. Advisor, Crew 391, Chief Seattle Council

          • fred-scouts@skrotzki.net
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 24, 2011
              I wonder when National will figure it out and get it right.

              Building a site with flash does make it look cool it actually sucks. You
              can't bookmark and send links into portions of a flash site when it's built
              on a single huge file. the biggest complaint from the boys is that most of
              these do not work on the most popular electronic device that boys carry and
              use, the iPod/iPhone/iPad. The site files can get to be huge and unless you
              have a very high speed link it takes time for the while thing to download.
              This is a HUGE problem with the bsahandbook.org site as the file is over 15
              meg and they bandwidth throttle the sending of the file. I have a 400+ mbps
              connection at work and it takes 5 minutes to download it. at home on my
              high speed Road Runner connection it can take up to 8 minutes to download
              the whole file for the site to work properly. Proof of this is simple, go
              to the site and first thing you do is click on the index which they put at
              the very end of the flash file it will place you at the last page it has in
              memory until the file is completely downloaded.

              The Venture uniform portion now works for me. But the site has a reasonably
              large file so it can take a little time to download it, and if you have a
              slow network connection (remote DSL or even dial up) then it will look like
              the site is broken or does not work unless you go away and wait for it to
              finish which is something it does not tell/show you anything about.

              FYI: The links at the bottom for Documents &Forms, Find a Store, and other
              BSA Sites all fail with bad links to scoutstuff.org.

              _____

              From: scouter_t@yahoogroups.com <mailto:scouter_t%40yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 26, 2011
                That was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a long time. What must new leaders think? I hope not alot of money was spent on that.......

                Connie

                interesting site  BSA uniform
                http://www.bsauniforms.org/

                herb d

              • sea_monsters_dive
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 26, 2011
                  Wow – What great feedback.

                  "That was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a long time."

                  Specific, Measurable…

                  Addresses something specific, not general.

                  And new leaders, new parents, appreciate having something available to them as a guide. They're lost, confused and grateful for any direction they get.

                  The website might not be up to your standards, but at least someone stepped up and tried to do something constructive, rather than criticize.

                  --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie <cknie23100@...> wrote:

                  > That was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a long time. What must new leaders think? I hope not alot of money was spent on that.......
                  >
                  > Connie
                  >

                  > interesting site  BSA uniform
                  > http://www.bsauniforms.org/
                  >
                  > herb d

                • eaglemom53
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 26, 2011
                    I have to agree with Connie on this. If I want to be entertained, I'll watch a movie. When I want to know about uniforming, I'll ask at my local friendly Scout Shop.

                    Lucinda in VA

                    --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "sea_monsters_dive" <sea_monsters_dive@...> wrote:

                    > Wow – What great feedback.
                    >
                    > "That was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a long time."
                    >
                    > Specific, Measurable…
                    >
                    > Addresses something specific, not general.
                    >
                    > And new leaders, new parents, appreciate having something available to them as a guide. They're lost, confused and grateful for any direction they get.
                    >
                    > The website might not be up to your standards, but at least someone stepped up and tried to do something constructive, rather than criticize.
                    >
                    > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Connie Knie <cknie23100@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > That was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a long time. What must new leaders think? I hope not alot of money was spent on that.......
                    > >
                    > > Connie
                    > >

                    > > interesting site  BSA uniform
                    > > http://www.bsauniforms.org/
                    > >
                    > > herb d

                  • Mike Homrighaus
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 27, 2011
                      Fine if the friendly Scout Shop is local. For many (most?) of us, the
                      Scout Shop is an hour or more away, and although they may be friendly,
                      we never get there...

                      Mike Homrighaus
                      Baden-Powell Council