Re: [Scouter_T] Tiger Den Leader registration code?

  • bufflo@juno.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2001
      Tiger Cub Den Leader is "TL". There is no assistant Tiger Cub Den Leader
      code as far as I know.

      Laura
      bufflo@...
      Pathfinder District Cub Training Chair
      EC-CS-19 buffalo, C-30L-97 fox, C-CS-7 Eagle den counselor
      ACC of Roundtable
    • Ken Todd
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2001
        Since the current Adult Applications have a space instead of 2 little
        boxes for describing the position, I would spell it out to make sure
        the Registrar Knows what you are talking about.

        In reference to a reply that you should put DL, I suggest that you not
        use DL. The reason being is that every Pack with First Graders
        registered must have a registered Tiger Den Leader. This is no
        different than a Pack with Forth & Fifth Graders having being required
        to have a registered Webelos Leader. If you use the DL designation,
        then the Field Sheet will not show that you are in compliance. (Can you
        tell I am an auditor by trade)

        The comment below is correct. The BSA does not have an Assistant Tiger
        Den Leader position. Tiger Dens continue to work on the shared
        leadership principle, just as they have for the past 20 years. The
        responsibility for each meting or activity is rotated between the
        families giving each their chance to shine.

        Yours in Scouting,
        Ken Todd, Dist. Training Chairman
        NE-CS-59 Beaver

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 2001
          Kevin Pate wrote :
          <<So far as I know, it is DL and an Assistant Tiger Den
          > Leader would be DA.>>

          I "believe" the Tigers have only the Den Leader,
          with no assistants. The parents are supposed to act
          as assistants.

          Bob Riley
          ex-Cubmaster but, with a Committee Meeting Monday. Aggghhhh!
        • Lloyd Solis
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 7, 2001
            The Tiger Cub Den Leader designation is TL.
            There is no position for an assistant (but I wouldn't let that stop me from
            registering a whole bunch of TL's......two deep.......three deep.......four
            deep..........more..........
            Lloyd

          • redhotladyscorpion@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 9, 2001
              --- In scouter_t@y..., "Bob Riley" <bob@p...> wrote:
              > Kevin Pate wrote :
              > <<So far as I know, it is DL and an Assistant Tiger Den
              > > Leader would be DA.>>
              >
              > I "believe" the Tigers have only the Den Leader,
              > with no assistants. The parents are supposed to act
              > as assistants.
              >
              > Bob Riley
              > ex-Cubmaster but, with a Committee Meeting Monday. Aggghhhh!

              Bob,

              I am on our District Training Team in the Capitol Area Council and I
              am responsible for the Tiger Den Leader Breakout. Our training was
              held yesterday.

              While you are correct about only being one Den Leader with no
              assistants, all information that I found in my research led me to
              believe that the Den Leader is to act more in the role of the
              Assistant Den Leader each month, offering aide to the host parent-of-
              the-month; excepting that the Den Leader is to be responsible for pre-
              planning well in advance of particular meetings and to ensure follow-
              through of those plans.

              In other words, the Den Leader is to initiate contact with the host
              parent at approximately the time of the 2nd meeting of the month
              prior to the month for which this particular parent is the host.
              Example: At the 2nd meeting of September, the Den Leader should make
              contact with the upcoming host parent to begin planning for October's
              meetings and activities. That is not to disqualify that all ideas
              should be pre-planned for the whole year -- just begin working on the
              details of those activities about 3 weeks in advance.