Re: [Scouter_T] Tiger Den Leader registration code?

  • Kevin Pate
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2001
      > Does anyone know the registration code for Tiger Den
      > Leader position?

      Sean,
      So far as I know, it is DL and an Assistant Tiger Den
      Leader would be DA.

      With the new format, a Tiger Den Leader is the same as
      a Wolf or Bear Den Leader - a Den Leader for boys in
      a specific grade (or who are a specific age.)

      Kevin Pate
      Norman, OK

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • bufflo@juno.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2001
        Tiger Cub Den Leader is "TL". There is no assistant Tiger Cub Den Leader
        code as far as I know.

        Laura
        bufflo@...
        Pathfinder District Cub Training Chair
        EC-CS-19 buffalo, C-30L-97 fox, C-CS-7 Eagle den counselor
        ACC of Roundtable
      • Ken Todd
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 6, 2001
          Since the current Adult Applications have a space instead of 2 little
          boxes for describing the position, I would spell it out to make sure
          the Registrar Knows what you are talking about.

          In reference to a reply that you should put DL, I suggest that you not
          use DL. The reason being is that every Pack with First Graders
          registered must have a registered Tiger Den Leader. This is no
          different than a Pack with Forth & Fifth Graders having being required
          to have a registered Webelos Leader. If you use the DL designation,
          then the Field Sheet will not show that you are in compliance. (Can you
          tell I am an auditor by trade)

          The comment below is correct. The BSA does not have an Assistant Tiger
          Den Leader position. Tiger Dens continue to work on the shared
          leadership principle, just as they have for the past 20 years. The
          responsibility for each meting or activity is rotated between the
          families giving each their chance to shine.

          Yours in Scouting,
          Ken Todd, Dist. Training Chairman
          NE-CS-59 Beaver

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 7, 2001
            Kevin Pate wrote :
            <<So far as I know, it is DL and an Assistant Tiger Den
            > Leader would be DA.>>

            I "believe" the Tigers have only the Den Leader,
            with no assistants. The parents are supposed to act
            as assistants.

            Bob Riley
            ex-Cubmaster but, with a Committee Meeting Monday. Aggghhhh!
          • Lloyd Solis
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 7, 2001
              The Tiger Cub Den Leader designation is TL.
              There is no position for an assistant (but I wouldn't let that stop me from
              registering a whole bunch of TL's......two deep.......three deep.......four
              deep..........more..........
              Lloyd

            • redhotladyscorpion@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 9, 2001
                --- In scouter_t@y..., "Bob Riley" <bob@p...> wrote:
                > Kevin Pate wrote :
                > <<So far as I know, it is DL and an Assistant Tiger Den
                > > Leader would be DA.>>
                >
                > I "believe" the Tigers have only the Den Leader,
                > with no assistants. The parents are supposed to act
                > as assistants.
                >
                > Bob Riley
                > ex-Cubmaster but, with a Committee Meeting Monday. Aggghhhh!

                Bob,

                I am on our District Training Team in the Capitol Area Council and I
                am responsible for the Tiger Den Leader Breakout. Our training was
                held yesterday.

                While you are correct about only being one Den Leader with no
                assistants, all information that I found in my research led me to
                believe that the Den Leader is to act more in the role of the
                Assistant Den Leader each month, offering aide to the host parent-of-
                the-month; excepting that the Den Leader is to be responsible for pre-
                planning well in advance of particular meetings and to ensure follow-
                through of those plans.

                In other words, the Den Leader is to initiate contact with the host
                parent at approximately the time of the 2nd meeting of the month
                prior to the month for which this particular parent is the host.
                Example: At the 2nd meeting of September, the Den Leader should make
                contact with the upcoming host parent to begin planning for October's
                meetings and activities. That is not to disqualify that all ideas
                should be pre-planned for the whole year -- just begin working on the
                details of those activities about 3 weeks in advance.