BALOO in Spanish

  • fritz.maxwell@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
      Does anyone have a Spanish language version of the BALOO syllabus or the handouts from the appendix?

      Fritz Maxwell
      Training Chair
      Sam Houston Area Council
    • David Vaughan
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
        I could really use this material in Spanish also...

        David D. Vaughan
        ASM Program WB W4-30-11-1
        Cubmaster Pack 2810
        Council Training Chair
        Southern Sierra Council
        Area 4 Training Committee
        W4-57-86
        DVAUGHAN@...
        Still a Buffalo....

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 4, 2011
          BALOO (Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation), No. 34162 is the training syllabus and the site advises it's available in spanish as well, but I'll be darn if I could find it for you???

          Would contact National direct and ask their bilingual team??

          - Art
        • Steve
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 5, 2011
            I have sent an inquiry to a contact of mine that probably has it. If found, I will let you know.
            Yours In Scouting,
            Steve

            I used to be an Eagle and a Good Ol Staffer Too...

            Once an Eagle, Always an Eagle

            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "fritz.maxwell@..." <fritz.maxwell@...> wrote:

            > Does anyone have a Spanish language version of the BALOO syllabus or the handouts from the appendix?
            >
            > Fritz Maxwell
            > Training Chair
            > Sam Houston Area Council

          • A. Dukovic
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 5, 2011
              Guys, just one point you may not be aware of please; I've tried using the english syllabus along side of the spanish video, and they DO NOT COINCIDE, so yeah, you need the spanish versions of both to be effective, or be ready for very "confused" looks from your audience!!

              - Art
            • Jamie Niss Dunn
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 5, 2011
                <<Guys, just one point you may not be aware of please; I've tried using the english syllabus along side of the spanish video, and they DO NOT COINCIDE, so yeah, you need the spanish versions of both to be effective, or be ready for very "confused" looks from your audience!!>>

                There no longer is a video component to BALOO. I think you must be talking about the Cub Scout Leader Position Specific Training.

                Jamie Niss Dunn
                Pack Trainer, Pack 512
                Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
                Troop Committee, Troop 509
                Ham Lake, MN
                Secretary, Crew 849
                Coon Rapids, MN
                Cub Scout Training Coordinator
                Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
                Three Rivers District

              • Jamie Niss Dunn
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 5, 2011

                  Oh - excellent idea. The e-mail address is: multicultural@...

                  Jamie Niss Dunn
                  Pack Trainer, Pack 512
                  Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
                  Troop Committee, Troop 509
                  Ham Lake, MN
                  Secretary, Crew 849
                  Coon Rapids, MN
                  Cub Scout Training Coordinator
                  Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
                  Three Rivers District

                • W FRITZ MAXWELL
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 5, 2011
                    National office was contacted prior to posting the question.  Below is the reply
                    I received.

                    "Unfortunately, the BALOO training has not yet been translated in Spanish.
                    However, we do have it on our wish list and it is pending budget approval."