Tiger Den Leader registration code?

  • Sean Scott
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2001
      All,

      Does anyone know the registration code for Tiger Den Leader position?

      Sean Scott
      Training Chairman
      Cub Roundtable Commissioner
      Day Camp Director, Tahquitz District
      Family FOS Chairman, California Inland Empire Council

      WM-45-2-00 - "I used to be a Buffalo..."
    • Kevin Pate
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2001
        > Does anyone know the registration code for Tiger Den
        > Leader position?

        Sean,
        So far as I know, it is DL and an Assistant Tiger Den
        Leader would be DA.

        With the new format, a Tiger Den Leader is the same as
        a Wolf or Bear Den Leader - a Den Leader for boys in
        a specific grade (or who are a specific age.)

        Kevin Pate
        Norman, OK

        http://im.yahoo.com
      • bufflo@juno.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2001
          Tiger Cub Den Leader is "TL". There is no assistant Tiger Cub Den Leader
          code as far as I know.

          Laura
          bufflo@...
          Pathfinder District Cub Training Chair
          EC-CS-19 buffalo, C-30L-97 fox, C-CS-7 Eagle den counselor
          ACC of Roundtable
        • Ken Todd
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6, 2001
            Since the current Adult Applications have a space instead of 2 little
            boxes for describing the position, I would spell it out to make sure
            the Registrar Knows what you are talking about.

            In reference to a reply that you should put DL, I suggest that you not
            use DL. The reason being is that every Pack with First Graders
            registered must have a registered Tiger Den Leader. This is no
            different than a Pack with Forth & Fifth Graders having being required
            to have a registered Webelos Leader. If you use the DL designation,
            then the Field Sheet will not show that you are in compliance. (Can you
            tell I am an auditor by trade)

            The comment below is correct. The BSA does not have an Assistant Tiger
            Den Leader position. Tiger Dens continue to work on the shared
            leadership principle, just as they have for the past 20 years. The
            responsibility for each meting or activity is rotated between the
            families giving each their chance to shine.

            Yours in Scouting,
            Ken Todd, Dist. Training Chairman
            NE-CS-59 Beaver

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 7, 2001
              Kevin Pate wrote :
              <<So far as I know, it is DL and an Assistant Tiger Den
              > Leader would be DA.>>

              I "believe" the Tigers have only the Den Leader,
              with no assistants. The parents are supposed to act
              as assistants.

              Bob Riley
              ex-Cubmaster but, with a Committee Meeting Monday. Aggghhhh!
            • Lloyd Solis
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 7, 2001
                The Tiger Cub Den Leader designation is TL.
                There is no position for an assistant (but I wouldn't let that stop me from
                registering a whole bunch of TL's......two deep.......three deep.......four
                deep..........more..........
                Lloyd

              • redhotladyscorpion@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 9, 2001
                  --- In scouter_t@y..., "Bob Riley" <bob@p...> wrote:
                  > Kevin Pate wrote :
                  > <<So far as I know, it is DL and an Assistant Tiger Den
                  > > Leader would be DA.>>
                  >
                  > I "believe" the Tigers have only the Den Leader,
                  > with no assistants. The parents are supposed to act
                  > as assistants.
                  >
                  > Bob Riley
                  > ex-Cubmaster but, with a Committee Meeting Monday. Aggghhhh!

                  Bob,

                  I am on our District Training Team in the Capitol Area Council and I
                  am responsible for the Tiger Den Leader Breakout. Our training was
                  held yesterday.

                  While you are correct about only being one Den Leader with no
                  assistants, all information that I found in my research led me to
                  believe that the Den Leader is to act more in the role of the
                  Assistant Den Leader each month, offering aide to the host parent-of-
                  the-month; excepting that the Den Leader is to be responsible for pre-
                  planning well in advance of particular meetings and to ensure follow-
                  through of those plans.

                  In other words, the Den Leader is to initiate contact with the host
                  parent at approximately the time of the 2nd meeting of the month
                  prior to the month for which this particular parent is the host.
                  Example: At the 2nd meeting of September, the Den Leader should make
                  contact with the upcoming host parent to begin planning for October's
                  meetings and activities. That is not to disqualify that all ideas
                  should be pre-planned for the whole year -- just begin working on the
                  details of those activities about 3 weeks in advance.