Re: [Scouter_T] Appropriate Responses to Sensitive Questions

  • Lisa
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2011
      What us the age group of kids we're talking about here? If a Tiger is asking "how do your dogs make puppies"? I would say something like "it's pretty complicated, you should ask your parents." for a boy scout, I would think if he's asking how you breed dogs, he's probably asking about traits and such. If he's asking about semantics, use the tiger cub answer above.

      I would be more truthful with the religion one, whatever the age. Different people believe different things. The Important thing is we need to be respectful of other people's beliefs." or even "that's the way I was raised".

      The military question, again, little kid or a mature 17 year old that you know and respect? Little kid/ young scout, "it's kind of personal and I don't want to talk about it". An older kid you have a relationship with, "I had to do some things I would rather not have ad to, but my job was to protect our country and our way of life, so I did what I had to to keep us safe."

      Just my opinion, of course.

      Lisa
      Sent from my iPod