Notes from a Wood Badge Scribe (updated)
- Just wrapped up serving as Scribe on our recent Wood Badge course and was asked to write down some notes to pass on to future Scribes in our Council. Before I knew it, I had a 22 page document that I thought might be useful for Wood Badge Scribes everywhere! Topics include:
- Get At Least One Assistant Scribe
- Continuing in the "You Don't Have to Do It All Yourself" Theme
- Speaking of Resources
- Handbooks? What Handbooks?
- Badges and Cards? What Badges and Cards?
- Printers and Printing Supplies
- The Scribe is the "Office Supply" Person
- The Gilwell Gazette
- "Unforeseen Distractions" or "You Don't Know What You Don't Know"
- Make Your Own List
- Check it Twice
- Suggestions? Comments?
- First Aid
- "Courtesy" Computer
- A Word About Staff / Participant Pictures
- The Scribe Area
- The Unofficial Scribe Supply List
I hope future Scribes find it useful (and past Scribes can still read it and get a laugh or two).
This document can be found in the group file library or can be downloaded directly from the following link: