New BSA Best Practices Web Portal

  • bnelson45
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2011
      New BSA Best Practices Web PortalPlease forgive the cross posting, but this may be of a lot of use particularly to trainers:

      Forwarded from Scouts-L:

      I would like to relate to you the creation of the new BSA Best Practices Web Portal. This project was developed under the leadership of Bob Sadock, the Vice President for Marketing of the Northeast Region and his Marketing Committee with the important support of Darin Kinn of the National office.

      The portal is an extremely important breakthrough and represents the new way of thinking on behalf of the BSA. In the past, "Best Practices" were handed down at Roundtables and meetings first in the form of stacks of paper and then on CD. There was no way for anyone to really say "we tried that but found a better alternative" or that "we tried it and it worked but don't forget to . . . ."The new system will allow ordinary red jacket Scouters of every level of the program to place their best practices on this new portal for the purpose of sharing and to allowing others to comment and help not only refine the concept but also to rate it, similar to the way product websites allow consumer ratings. The portal will allow you to link to your program, put in key words to assist in searching, link to unit, Council, Area, and Regional committees, and to Journey to Excellence milestones.

      Most importantly, this is open to any registered Scouter and is not a web site that is filtered.

      Consider it in Beta mode now, but you can test it out.

      You can get to the BSA Best Practices Web Portal via www.myscouting.org (see left panel once logged in)