Re: [Scouter_T] Digest Number 175

  • george Bruckjr
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2001
      I agree totally here. I was a Scout as a boy, and am
      an avid outdoorsman. I became a leader again about 10
      years ago when my boy was getting old enuf for cubs.
      I volunteered to head the Cub summer camp, and I
      learned there was a big difference between camping
      with experienced peers and camping with inexperienced
      parent volunteers & their inexperienced boys. I
      worked my butt off & was exhausted, and I wasnt even
      responsible for any program stuff, the Council handled
      all that! I think ALL leaders should take whatever
      appropriate training is offered, it's usually fun
      anyway and you'll always learn something.

      George Bruck, Jr
      "http://www.angelfire.com/pa2/pennsburydc"
      Eagle 1980
      "I used to be an Owl...." NE-II-99