Re: fun ideas

  • zxw55@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
      I've found that participants enjoy watching staff members
      interact and have fun as well. When I was Cub District training
      chair, we had staff sparkler events, that is, when we knew
      the participants would start to drop off, we had preplanned
      "spontaneous" events. The entire staff would start throwing
      pinpong balls around, we had a cow bell, party noise makers
      and usually a continuous running fun banter and walk-ons.
      The entire staff worked as one fun team, like a pack meeting.
      It was rather like a circus atmosphere and we definately
      were the entertainment. At the end remind them of the fum they
      had, and how the Pack meeting should also be just as much fun.

      Good solid training, combined with songs, cheers
      and walk-ons made for a delightful training experience for
      both the staff and participants.

      ... and we had plently of people that wanted to be on the
      training team because they wanted to be a part of the fun.
      It was obvious that we were having a lot of fun, and it
      was obvious that we all believed in the program.

      Go to the new Trainer Development Conference and take
      note of the Pizzazz session. The entire TDC event revolves
      around a race game, with lots of interaction and lots of hands on
      sessions.

      dm