Re: [Scouter_T] Re: OLSWL

  • W FRITZ MAXWELL
    Message 1 of 12 , May 15, 2011
      During the national Webinar on entry of training records, two documents were
      highlighted as being authoritative and available on the national web site:
      1) Course
      Codes:  http://scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/TrainingCoursesReport2011.pdf
      2) Basic Training Requirements:
      http://scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/BasicTrainingCourseRequirements.pdf

      C61 is listed as a required part of basic training for Webelos Leaders and
      Assistants.

      C61 is Webelos Leader and Assistant Position Specific Training.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 12 , May 17, 2011
        > 2) Basic Training Requirements:
        > http://scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/BasicTrainingCourseRequirements.pdf

        Did anyone else notice that the Fast Start courses are not listed on the
        above document as a required course to be "Position Trained" ?

        Rich

      • Michael Crothers
        Message 3 of 12 , May 17, 2011
          I have been told by national that there is a proposal to eliminate Fast Start as a requirement to be considered a trained leader.

          The proposal is being presented to the National Executive Board for considerations.

          I Don't known when this will occur.

          Yours In Scouting

          Mike Crothers

          and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

          and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

          Message 4 of 12 , May 17, 2011
            Well, it's listed on the Adult Volunteer application and it needs to be
            completed along with Youth Protection.

            YiS,

            Ron Parks

            Pack Trainer

            Pack 903

            Helotes, TX

            Did anyone else notice that the Fast Start courses are not listed on the
            above document as a required course to be "Position Trained" ?

            Rich

          • Bill
            Message 5 of 12 , May 18, 2011
              Even though fast start is listed as a required course, ScoutNET doesn't check it when it flags people as trained.

              IMHO if someone took Leader Specific, then Fast Start is redundant. So Fast Start shouldn't be in the list of required courses to be considered trained.

              By the way, the training committee is soliciting feedback on Fast Start on Facebook. See:
              http://www.facebook.com/BSAtrainingteam

              Bill Nelson
              Salt River District Training Chair
              Grand Canyon Council
            • Corinna Jones
              Message 6 of 12 , May 18, 2011
                A generic Faststart training might be more useful (Cubs, Boy Scouts, and
                Venturing separately of course) - Introduction to Cub Scouting, etc. . Pop
                in the disc for the new leaders AND parents. 15 minutes should do the trick.
                For those who are interested in finding out more, there is leader specific.

                Corinna