BALOO Song

  • Sean Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2001
      A little BALOO ditty for your enjoyment. My wife camp up with this one...

      The Bare Necessities (v.1)

      Look for the bare necessities,
      The simple bare necessities,
      Don¹t forget about your sleeping bag and lamp!
      I mean the bare necessities,
      That¹ll make your Cub Scouts rest at ease,
      To know you have necessities to camp!

      Wherever you wander,
      Wherever you roam,
      We don¹t want to hear those,
      Poor Cub Scouts moan!

      We need to hike them up a hill,
      Until they¹ve had their fill!

      When you look under the rocks and plants,
      Be careful not to split your pants,
      ŒCause that¹d be quite a view!

      Take the necessities to camp
      Outdoors with you,
      Outdoors with you!

      -Alternate version-

      The Bare Necessities (v.2)

      Look for the bare necessities,
      The simple bare necessities,
      Don¹t forget about your lantern and your knife.
      I mean the bare necessities,
      That¹ll make your Cub Scouts rest at ease,
      To know you have necessities of life!

      Wherever you wander,
      Wherever you roam,
      We don¹t want to hear those,
      Poor Cub Scouts moan!

      We need to hike them up a hill,
      Until they¹ve had their fill!

      When you look under the rocks and plants,
      Be careful not to split your pants,
      ŒCause that¹d be quite a view!

      Take the necessities of life
      Camping with you,
      Camping with you!

      --
      Sean Scott
      Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner

      WM-45-2-00 - "I used to be a Buffalo..."