RE: [Scouter_T] Wilderness First Aid

  • Robbie DeYoung
    Message 1 of 23 , May 4, 2011
      Hello Connie and everyone else,

      Being a Red Cross Instructor that has crossed over to teach the Wilderness
      First Aid Course. I wanted to point a couple of things out. To do the
      online crossover you must hold a current certification to teach a Red Cross
      Class. You must be over the age of 17. The full Instructors Course is over
      8 hours and 35 min.

      Connie were in Michigan are you located. I live in Michigan and may be able
      to set up a course depending on all of the timing.

      Robbie DeYoung

      Message 2 of 23 , May 5, 2011
        Hi Robbie, I am in Farmington Michigan, just outside of Detroit. I would entertain trying to put something together if you want to get hold of me off line.
        Here is something I have learned as well (and you confirmed it). My foot dragging ARC scouter thinks she can take the instructor course in a matter of an hour or so and then throw this training together.........sigh............. seems like she will have to make a bigger commitment than she had planned..............

        Connie

        --- On Wed, 5/4/11, Robbie DeYoung <cubscout01@...> wrote:
        Hello Connie and everyone else,

        Being a Red Cross Instructor that has crossed over to teach the Wilderness
        First Aid Course.  I wanted to point a couple of things out.  To do the
        online crossover you must hold a current certification to teach a Red Cross
        Class.  You must be over the age of 17.  The full Instructors Course is over
        8 hours and 35 min.

        Connie were in Michigan are you located.  I live in Michigan and may be able
        to set up a course depending on all of the timing.

      • scouterdadchris
        Message 3 of 23 , May 5, 2011
          You need to get rid of the space in the .aspx at the end to get to the right page:
          http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/Training/wilderness_fa.aspx

          -Chris