RE: [Scouter_T] Wilderness First Aid

    Message 1 of 23 , May 4, 2011
      Hi Fred,Yeah I had already checked those out and found nothing in Michigan......bummer......but will be looking closer at ECSI. At first glance you need to be dedicated to teaching alot of classes if they certify you.........I need to read it in more detail.......

      Connie

      --- On Wed, 5/4/11, fred-scouts@... <fred-scouts@...> wrote:

      Connie,

      BSA allows for other groups besides ARC to offer and run a valid Wilderness
      FA class.

      See:
      http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/Training/wilderness_fa.a
      spx

      So beside ARC and ECSI already mentioned.

    • Robbie DeYoung
      Message 2 of 23 , May 4, 2011
        Hello Connie and everyone else,

        Being a Red Cross Instructor that has crossed over to teach the Wilderness
        First Aid Course. I wanted to point a couple of things out. To do the
        online crossover you must hold a current certification to teach a Red Cross
        Class. You must be over the age of 17. The full Instructors Course is over
        8 hours and 35 min.

        Connie were in Michigan are you located. I live in Michigan and may be able
        to set up a course depending on all of the timing.

        Robbie DeYoung

        <mailto:fred-scouts%40skrotzki.net> <fred-scouts@...

        Message 3 of 23 , May 5, 2011
          Hi Robbie, I am in Farmington Michigan, just outside of Detroit. I would entertain trying to put something together if you want to get hold of me off line.
          Here is something I have learned as well (and you confirmed it). My foot dragging ARC scouter thinks she can take the instructor course in a matter of an hour or so and then throw this training together.........sigh............. seems like she will have to make a bigger commitment than she had planned..............

          Connie

          --- On Wed, 5/4/11, Robbie DeYoung <cubscout01@...> wrote:
          Hello Connie and everyone else,

          Being a Red Cross Instructor that has crossed over to teach the Wilderness
          First Aid Course.  I wanted to point a couple of things out.  To do the
          online crossover you must hold a current certification to teach a Red Cross
          Class.  You must be over the age of 17.  The full Instructors Course is over
          8 hours and 35 min.

          Connie were in Michigan are you located.  I live in Michigan and may be able
          to set up a course depending on all of the timing.

        • scouterdadchris
          Message 4 of 23 , May 5, 2011
            You need to get rid of the space in the .aspx at the end to get to the right page:
            http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/Training/wilderness_fa.aspx

            -Chris