RE: [Scouter_T] Wilderness First Aid

  • patrick dulzo
    Message 1 of 23 , May 4, 2011
      you are saying pretty close to what I did.  Have him call ECSI and ask....

      Patrick Dulzo
      815-970-2751 cell

      Message 2 of 23 , May 4, 2011
        Connie,

        BSA allows for other groups besides ARC to offer and run a valid Wilderness
        FA class.

        See:
        http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/Training/wilderness_fa.a
        spx

        So beside ARC and ECSI already mentioned. There is a ACA list that they
        accept. Scroll to the bottom of that list linked to ht and under the "HW-1
        part C" section they have a list of other approved providers, looks like
        12-14 others provide it. Maybe one of these is available in your area.

        _____

          Message 4 of 23 , May 4, 2011
            Hello Connie and everyone else,

            Being a Red Cross Instructor that has crossed over to teach the Wilderness
            First Aid Course. I wanted to point a couple of things out. To do the
            online crossover you must hold a current certification to teach a Red Cross
            Class. You must be over the age of 17. The full Instructors Course is over
            8 hours and 35 min.

            Connie were in Michigan are you located. I live in Michigan and may be able
            to set up a course depending on all of the timing.

            Robbie DeYoung

            <mailto:fred-scouts%40skrotzki.net> <fred-scouts@...

            Message 5 of 23 , May 5, 2011
              Hi Robbie, I am in Farmington Michigan, just outside of Detroit. I would entertain trying to put something together if you want to get hold of me off line.
              Here is something I have learned as well (and you confirmed it). My foot dragging ARC scouter thinks she can take the instructor course in a matter of an hour or so and then throw this training together.........sigh............. seems like she will have to make a bigger commitment than she had planned..............

              Connie

              --- On Wed, 5/4/11, Robbie DeYoung <cubscout01@...> wrote:
              Hello Connie and everyone else,

              Being a Red Cross Instructor that has crossed over to teach the Wilderness
              First Aid Course.  I wanted to point a couple of things out.  To do the
              online crossover you must hold a current certification to teach a Red Cross
              Class.  You must be over the age of 17.  The full Instructors Course is over
              8 hours and 35 min.

              Connie were in Michigan are you located.  I live in Michigan and may be able
              to set up a course depending on all of the timing.

            • scouterdadchris
              Message 6 of 23 , May 5, 2011
                You need to get rid of the space in the .aspx at the end to get to the right page:
                http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/Training/wilderness_fa.aspx

                -Chris