Re: [Scouter_T] New Online (MyScouting.org) Courses?

  • Scott Smith
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2011
      Hmmm, tried taking the Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific - Introduction
      and got:

      Not Found
      The requested URL /courses/cslpsi/course.cgi was not found on this server.

      Anyone else seeing this?

      I can get to the other Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific courses. Also, it
      doesn't look like it is actually ready for prime time because the other Cub
      Scout Leader Position-Specific training still contains the general content.

      Scott Smith
      Catalina Council Training Chair
      .

      > I noticed today two new online courses. Does anyone know anything about
      them?

      > • Chartered Organization Representative Fast Start
      > • Leader Position-Specific - Introduction
      >
      > In particular, what is the function, purpose and requirement for the
      > "Leader Position-Specific - Introduction" course? Is it required?
      > Recommended? Desired?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > ---
      > Jim Rooney
      > Training Chair, Pioneer Trails District, Denver Area Council

    • Kevin Pate
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2011
        > Hmmm, tried taking the Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific -
        > Introduction and got:

        > Not Found

        > The requested URL /courses/cslpsi/course.cgi was not found on this server.

        > Anyone else seeing this?

        Had the same issue.  then got busy with a call and haven't logged back to look at it any further.

        Kevin in Norman, America

      • Todd Block
        Message 3 of 7 , May 3, 2011
          Hi Jim,

          The Chartered Organization Representative Fast Start is the 2003 fast start
          that has been on the BSA Online Learning Center site. It has been moved
          from there.

          I could not find the Leader Position item this morning.

          Todd Block
          Unit Commissioner
          Cache La Poudre District
          Longs Peak Council

          BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzI4MDQ4NjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MTYyBG1zZ0lkAzEyODE3
          BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzMDQ0MTIyMjY-> New Online
          (MyScouting.org) Courses?

          Posted by: "The Rooneys"
          <mailto:rooney-family@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20New%20Online%20%28MySco
          uting%2Eorg%29%20Courses%3F> rooney-family@...
          <http://profiles.yahoo.com/copperskipro> copperskipro

          Mon May 2, 2011 1:18 pm (PDT)

          I noticed today two new online courses. Does anyone know anything about
          them?

          . Chartered Organization Representative Fast Start
          . Leader Position-Specific - Introduction

          In particular, what is the function, purpose and requirement for the "Leader
          Position-Specific - Introduction" course? Is it required? Recommended?
          Desired?

          Thanks,

          ---
          Jim Rooney
          Training Chair, Pioneer Trails District, Denver Area Council

        • Sandra Martens
          Message 4 of 7 , May 3, 2011
            go to my scouting, online, cub scout leader, then you'll see the leader specific introduction.

            Sandy OWL

            Message 5 of 7 , May 4, 2011
              Sandy,

              Thanks for the info, but it is still not there. I wonder if the fact I have
              all of the trainings in that section done that it does not pop up.

              BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzI4MDQ4NjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MTYyBG1zZ0lkAzEyODIy
              BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzMDQ0OTg2NjY-> Re: New Online
              (MyScouting.org) Courses?

              Posted by: "Sandra Martens"
              <mailto:sandyowl1@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20New%20Online%20%28MyScouting%
              2Eorg%29%20Courses%3F> sandyowl1@...