New Online (MyScouting.org) Courses?

  • The Rooneys
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2011
      I noticed today two new online courses. Does anyone know anything about them?

      • Chartered Organization Representative Fast Start
      • Leader Position-Specific - Introduction

      In particular, what is the function, purpose and requirement for the "Leader Position-Specific - Introduction" course? Is it required? Recommended? Desired?

      Thanks,

      ---
      Jim Rooney
      Training Chair, Pioneer Trails District, Denver Area Council

      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2011
        I assume that the leader specific introduction is the first part of the CS leader specific training.

        first part is general, and follows a pack meeting.  the second part is specific for your job itself.  both are required to be trained.

        Sandy OWL

        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2011
          Hmmm, tried taking the Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific - Introduction
          and got:

          Not Found
          The requested URL /courses/cslpsi/course.cgi was not found on this server.

          Anyone else seeing this?

          I can get to the other Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific courses. Also, it
          doesn't look like it is actually ready for prime time because the other Cub
          Scout Leader Position-Specific training still contains the general content.

          Scott Smith
          Catalina Council Training Chair
          .

          > I noticed today two new online courses. Does anyone know anything about
          them?

          > • Chartered Organization Representative Fast Start
          > • Leader Position-Specific - Introduction
          >
          > In particular, what is the function, purpose and requirement for the
          > "Leader Position-Specific - Introduction" course? Is it required?
          > Recommended? Desired?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > ---
          > Jim Rooney
          > Training Chair, Pioneer Trails District, Denver Area Council

        • Kevin Pate
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2011
            > Hmmm, tried taking the Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific -
            > Introduction and got:

            > Not Found

            > The requested URL /courses/cslpsi/course.cgi was not found on this server.

            > Anyone else seeing this?

            Had the same issue.  then got busy with a call and haven't logged back to look at it any further.

            Kevin in Norman, America

          • Todd Block
            Message 5 of 7 , May 3, 2011
              Hi Jim,

              The Chartered Organization Representative Fast Start is the 2003 fast start
              that has been on the BSA Online Learning Center site. It has been moved
              from there.

              I could not find the Leader Position item this morning.

              Todd Block
              Unit Commissioner
              Cache La Poudre District
              Longs Peak Council

              BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzI4MDQ4NjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MTYyBG1zZ0lkAzEyODE3
              BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzMDQ0MTIyMjY-> New Online
              (MyScouting.org) Courses?

              Posted by: "The Rooneys"
              <mailto:rooney-family@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20New%20Online%20%28MySco
              uting%2Eorg%29%20Courses%3F> rooney-family@...
              <http://profiles.yahoo.com/copperskipro> copperskipro

              Mon May 2, 2011 1:18 pm (PDT)

              I noticed today two new online courses. Does anyone know anything about
              them?

              . Chartered Organization Representative Fast Start
              . Leader Position-Specific - Introduction

              In particular, what is the function, purpose and requirement for the "Leader
              Position-Specific - Introduction" course? Is it required? Recommended?
              Desired?

              Thanks,

              ---
              Jim Rooney
              Training Chair, Pioneer Trails District, Denver Area Council

            • Sandra Martens
              Message 6 of 7 , May 3, 2011
                go to my scouting, online, cub scout leader, then you'll see the leader specific introduction.

                Sandy OWL

                Message 7 of 7 , May 4, 2011
                  Sandy,

                  Thanks for the info, but it is still not there. I wonder if the fact I have
                  all of the trainings in that section done that it does not pop up.

                  BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzI4MDQ4NjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY2MTYyBG1zZ0lkAzEyODIy
                  BHNlYwNkbXNnBHNsawN2bXNnBHN0aW1lAzEzMDQ0OTg2NjY-> Re: New Online
                  (MyScouting.org) Courses?

                  Posted by: "Sandra Martens"
                  <mailto:sandyowl1@...?Subject=%20Re%3A%20New%20Online%20%28MyScouting%
                  2Eorg%29%20Courses%3F> sandyowl1@...