Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Troop BOR Instructional PPT

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 23, 2011
      FYI...

      Yours in Service to Scouting,
      -- Jim

      On Apr 23, 2011, at 1:57 PM, Bill wrote:

      > Thanks Ben. I am starting with that, but it doesn't have a PPT :(
      >
      > Bill
      >
      > --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ben Ward <troop555eaglescout@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > http://scouting.org/Training/Adult/Supplemental/BoardofReviewTraining.aspx

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 24, 2011
      • D. Place
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 24, 2011
          Thanks Bill, you did a fine job on the PPT.

          A couple of items if I might;

          On page 13, I would suggest that the last step is to report back of findings
          to the Troop's committee who then briefs the Scoutmaster on any problems
          which a scout may have identified (or none). This reporting back to the
          Scoutmaster should be anonymous so that the scouts know they can be frank
          with the BoR.

          On page 30 you say, "Even if it were found that a counselor was not
          correctly registered, it would be a rare occasion when a Scout would be
          punished for the failing of an adult." but in ACP&P is says on page 26, in
          the black box, last paragraph, "A merit badge cannot be taken away once it
          has been earned, provided the counselor is a registered counselor for the
          merit badge". Now, in that case it would be the Scoutmaster's fault for
          sending him there in the first place, however, it would also suggest the
          person may not have been qualified and the Scout may not have fulfilled the
          requirements, thus a "quick" retest by a real MBC "might" be in order.

          I hope you don't mind me modifying it for use in our district.

          Thanks again, David Place

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 24, 2011
            I recently created a PowerPoint on Scoutmaster Conferences AND Boards of
            Review. Unfortunately, it is 69 slides and may be too large to send by
            e-mail. I am attempting to tweak it. If someone has a suggestion on where
            it may be uploaded, please feel free to make it.

            Regards in Scouter training,

            Alan Smason
            Southeast Louisiana Council
            _____

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 25, 2011
              Thanks for the feedback. Made adjustments.

              As for the merit badge counselor, almost all MB counselors in our district are not now registered correctly. We are in the process of rectifying that, but until we do, I think I will leave the wording the way it is.

              Bill

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 25, 2011
                Feel free to reuse whatever is useful.

                Bill
              • Bill
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 26, 2011
                  I made a few adjustments to my PPT based on input from my Council's Advancement Chairman and someone who is on the National Advancement Committee.

                  It is here:
                  http://www.bsatroop14.com/advancement/Board_of_Review_Training.ppt