Itemized ScoutNET Training Record Anomolies

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2011
      Here is what I have so far. Can anyone add to them, or correct any of them?

      Sometimes ScoutNET shows that a member is untrained but all the training fields are filled in. What is going on? Well, here is what I found out.

      1) ScoutNET will only count older classes for the dates they were good for. For example, for Scoutmaster Fundamentals (S21) it will only count if you put in a date between 1/1/1987 - 8/31/2001. So if you credit someone with S21 for 9/3/2010, it won't count towards being trained. The date of 1/1/1911 may also work if you don't know the proper date. A list of the old codes with associated dates is here:
      http://bsatroop14.com/training/Trainng_Course_Codes_Sept09.pdf

      2) Fast Start is usually not required for ScoutNET to show someone as trained. I have noticed that for Asst. Scoutmasters the old SFS however is sometimes required to flip them to trained. I haven't found a consistent scenario when this is the case though.

      3) Frequently Troop Committee members do not show as trained, if they took the web version of Troop Committee Challenge (WS10). You have to credit them with S10, the instructor version of Troop Committee challenge.

      4) Venturing leaders need to have Venturing Youth Protection Training (Y02) to be considered trained by ScoutNET.

      Maybe others have noticed things too that they can share?