ScoutNET: Anyone See This Before?

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
      I have a ASM who ScoutNET said was untrained. He had:

      S11 1/15/2010
      S24 9/12/2009
      WA01 09/16/2009
      WSFS 09/14/2009

      When I added SFS 09/14/2009 ScoutNET recorded him as trained for ASM

      What's going on?

      Bill
    • Ben Ward
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
        Bill,

        Does this ASM have Youth Protection (YO1)???? If not or this is not within the last two years this might be the cause of it. Just a thought.

        Yours in Scouting,

        Ben Ward

        Eagle Scout Class 1999
        Heart of Virginia Council # 602

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 5, 2011
          Yes they took Y01 last year.

          All I had to do for ScoutNET to recognize them as trained was to add SFS.

          Anyone see that before?

          Bill

          --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ben Ward <troop555eaglescout@...> wrote:

          > Bill,
          >
          > Does this ASM have Youth Protection (YO1)???? If not or this is not within the last two years this might be the cause of it. Just a thought.
          >

          > Yours in Scouting,
          >

          > Ben Ward
          >

          > Eagle Scout Class 1999
          > Heart of Virginia Council # 602

        • spatula751
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2011
            Yes, I have seen this issue before. There is a weird glitch in ScoutNET that sometimes even when all the right courses and dates are in someone's profile it doesn't mark them as trained.

            There is a fix....I know it sounds crazy, but delete what is in there for training, save the profile, exit the person's profile, go back into the person's profile, re-enter the same training information, and save the profile, then check the trained positions.....low and behold the person is trained.

            This glitch has been around for years. I have reported it, but they have not been able to fix it. Hopefully when the NEW "ScoutNET" (or what ever they will call it) comes out this bug will be fixed.

            Yours in Scouting,
            Brian Sutilla
            District Director

            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <bnelson45@...> wrote:

            > I have a ASM who ScoutNET said was untrained. He had:
            >
            > S11 1/15/2010
            > S24 9/12/2009
            > WA01 09/16/2009
            > WSFS 09/14/2009
            >
            > When I added SFS 09/14/2009 ScoutNET recorded him as trained for ASM
            >
            > What's going on?
            >
            > Bill

          • Bill
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 5, 2011
              I thought about trying that. Or at least deleting the training done in 2009. There seems to have been something about 2009

              Bill