Re: Re: [Scouter_T] Re: (Boy Scout Leader) Once Trained, Always Trained ???

  • Mark Ellis
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 4, 2011
      Interesting comment from National. Perhaps they don't realize it, but I have found that the pre-ScoutNET courses do indeed fufill the COR training requirement. I've personally seen it by entering Scoutmastership Fundamentals and Cub Scout Leader Basic Training training dates which then show the leader as a fully trained COR..

      Just be sure that the correct pre-ScoutNET code is entered within the course date range. I've seen multiple times when the code does not line up with date range, although ScoutNET allows the code and date trained to be entered, it doesn't update the "Trained" status for any position. Also, many of the pre-ScoutNET codes still show a 01/01/1911 trained date. Those need to be corrected with an acutal course trained date.

      In the absence of a actual course trained date, enter the approximate date as long as it is within the date range of the course. This is based on "A Scouter is Trustworthy" concept.

      You'd be surprised how much training has been done in my district on the first of the month!

      Mark Ellis
      (703) 376-4150

      -------------------

      Apr 4, 2011 12:03:35 PM, scouter_t@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Thanks, I was hoping pre-ScoutNet courses could be counted for a Charter Organizational Rep to be trained.

      National says only Train The Charter Organizational Rep will do for a Charter Organizational Rep to be considered trained.

      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers

      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 4, 2011
        Michael Crothers wrote:

        > When did BSA start Charter Rep training?

        The old name for a Charter Rep (COR) was "IR" -- Institutional Rep.
        My father was one when I was a Scout, and he took training for
        the position at the time. This was in the late 50's or early 60's.

        I have a lot of his old training material from that time. While
        it's amazing how much has changed in the program, it's also amazing
        how much really hasn't changed -- that untrained leaders are _still_
        doing _WRONG_.

        I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
        District Committee Member at Large
        -- Stephen R. Covey