Re: (Boy Scout Leader) Once Trained, Always Trained ???

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 3, 2011
      The handbook is from 1976
      http://www.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/04-113.pdf

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Michael Crothers <dowrightbw@...> wrote:

      > When did BSA start Charter Rep training?
      >
      > Yours In Scouting
      >

      > Mike Crothers

      > and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

    • Scouter Chuck
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 4, 2011
        Michael Crothers wrote:

        > When did BSA start Charter Rep training?

        The old name for a Charter Rep (COR) was "IR" -- Institutional Rep.
        My father was one when I was a Scout, and he took training for
        the position at the time. This was in the late 50's or early 60's.

        I have a lot of his old training material from that time. While
        it's amazing how much has changed in the program, it's also amazing
        how much really hasn't changed -- that untrained leaders are _still_
        doing _WRONG_.

        I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
        District Committee Member at Large
        -- Stephen R. Covey