Re: [Scouter_T] RE: OWL, BALOO & Fully trained leaders

  • Dave Loomis
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 24, 2001
      Nope. A sidebar in the Sept Scouting reiterates the point that OWL/WOLT is
      NOT required to be a trained leader but is required for the Training Award.
      While Outdoor Leader Skills is a great course it is NOT required for WEBELOS
      Leaders, although it is a good next step from OWL/WOLT, especially for WEBELOS
      Leaders who are going up into the troop with their boy.

      Dave

      > It seems to me that Outdoor Leader Skills has replaced all basic outdoor
      > courses from National. When you look at the new training continuum it
      > appears that to be a fully trained Webelos Den Leader you would need to
      > attend New Leader Essentials, Webelos Den Leader specific training (CSBLT),
      > and Outdoor Leader Skills.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Fred

      To reply, remove the word, "nospam" from my return address, or click on the
      mailto: address below.

      Dave Loomis mailto:dloomis@...
      1094 Woodbury Ave. (603) 431 5342
      Portsmouth, NH 03801-3225