Re: [Scouter_T] Re: (Boy Scout Leader) Once Trained, Always Trained ???

  • Michael Crothers
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 2, 2011
      As I understand the legacy Courses to make a train leader

      Prior to ScoutNet / Leader specific position training the following courses taken would make the individual trained

      Cub Scout Training Courses

      C21 - Cub Scout
      Leader Basics (1/1/67 - 12/31/74

      C22 - Cub Scout
      Leader Basics (1/1/75 - 12/31/87)

      C23 - Cub Scout
      Leader Basics (1/1/88 - 12/31/95)

      C20 - Cub Scout
      Leader Basics (1/1/96 - 8/31/01)

      Boy Scout
      Training Courses

      S23 - Boy Scout
      Leader Basics (1/1/65-12/31/71)

      S22 - Boy Scout
      Leader Basics (1/1/72-12/31/79)

      S20 - Boy Scout
      Leader Basics (1/1/79-12/31/86)

      S21 - Scoutmaster
      Fundamentals (1/1/87-8/31/01)

      Venture Crew
      Training Courses

      P20 - Venturing
      Basic Training (10/1/98 - 8/31/01)

      Sea Scout
      Training Courses

      P20 - Sea Scout
      Leader Specialize Training (10/1/98 -12/31/09)

      With P20 or P21
      (The current Venture Leader Specific Training)

      Varsity Scout
      Leader Training

      V20 – Varsity Scout
      Fundamentals (Until 2/28/2002)

      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers

      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 4, 2011
        Michael Crothers wrote:

        > When did BSA start Charter Rep training?

        The old name for a Charter Rep (COR) was "IR" -- Institutional Rep.
        My father was one when I was a Scout, and he took training for
        the position at the time. This was in the late 50's or early 60's.

        I have a lot of his old training material from that time. While
        it's amazing how much has changed in the program, it's also amazing
        how much really hasn't changed -- that untrained leaders are _still_
        doing _WRONG_.

        I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
        District Committee Member at Large
        -- Stephen R. Covey