Re: Online SM Specific

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 1, 2011
      I've ask the National Training Team twice this year (the last time 2 weeks ago) and SM Specific is not scheduled to go online this year. There are a couple of other courses in queue, that is not one of them.

      Now it makes sense that sooner or later the power point courses will go online, with the 1/2 day courses going first. SM Specific though is a 8-10 hour course and would make a big online course.

      Anyway, I am not sure where your council training chair got their information, but according to my contact at national, it isn't in the schedule for the near future.

      Bill

      > <<As far as I know there are no current plans to put either SM Specific or Outdoor Leader Skills online.>>
      >

      > At our recent Council Training committee meeting, both our council training chair and the professional adviser to the committee were quite confident that SM Specific was in process as on online course. I don't know the source of their info - but they've been talking about it for some months now.
      >

      > Jamie Niss Dunn
      > Pack Trainer, Pack 512
      > Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      > Troop Committee, Troop 509
      > Ham Lake, MN
      > Secretary, Crew 849
      > Coon Rapids, MN
      > Cub Scout Training Coordinator
      > Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
      > Three Rivers District

    • Scouter Chuck
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 4, 2011
        Michael Crothers wrote:

        > When did BSA start Charter Rep training?

        The old name for a Charter Rep (COR) was "IR" -- Institutional Rep.
        My father was one when I was a Scout, and he took training for
        the position at the time. This was in the late 50's or early 60's.

        I have a lot of his old training material from that time. While
        it's amazing how much has changed in the program, it's also amazing
        how much really hasn't changed -- that untrained leaders are _still_
        doing _WRONG_.

        I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
        District Committee Member at Large
        -- Stephen R. Covey