Re: [Scouter_T] Re: (Boy Scout Leader) Once Trained, Always Trained ???

  • Michael Crothers
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 1, 2011
      You forgot Scout Parent Coordinator. They must take the same training as a committee member for the program they are registered in.

      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers

      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 4, 2011
        Michael Crothers wrote:

        > When did BSA start Charter Rep training?

        The old name for a Charter Rep (COR) was "IR" -- Institutional Rep.
        My father was one when I was a Scout, and he took training for
        the position at the time. This was in the late 50's or early 60's.

        I have a lot of his old training material from that time. While
        it's amazing how much has changed in the program, it's also amazing
        how much really hasn't changed -- that untrained leaders are _still_
        doing _WRONG_.

        I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
        District Committee Member at Large
        -- Stephen R. Covey