Re: [Scouter_T] IOLS Test Out

  • Maria
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 2 7:17 AM
      I haven't seen it done. When I took the training there were several
      people taking the course who really didn't need it. They were all
      boys 18-22 or so who were transitioning to adult leadership.

      Several of the rest of us had many areas that we were fine in, and
      others were we were lacking. There were two men, SM's for years who
      weren't trained. They were each in charge of an area. They taught
      them, but were in the other sessions as as student. They ended up
      taking and teaching the course.

      That seemed to work very well. They had their knowledge and skills
      validated, but they still ended getting the rest - and becoming
      trained.

      Maria Hurley
      Malvern, PA USA
    • artdukovic
      Message 38 of 38 , Nov 7, 2011
        Ok all, for IOLS "intent" if you go to:

        www.bacarrowhead.org/.../IntroductionToOutdoorLeaderSkills.pdf

        the entire IOLS syllabus is there but the "introduction" (which I've posted) clearly states the intent of IOLS; now do know that National was working on a "generic" Outdoor Leader to include Cub Scouts, but they backed off on that in the spring. Hope this helps??