Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Who Manufacturers The Wood Badge Beads For The BSA

  • tttrack@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 14, 2011
      Same with Old Hickory. There are some "special" sets that are numbered,
      that are made from a tree cut down at Gilwell. Those are the expensive sets.

      In a message dated 2/14/2011 3:17:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      bearfinz@... writes:

      $65 per set!?! I'm not too sure where you got that, but I checked the link
      and it is about $10 per set. In my council we buy all our bead sets,
      woggles and neckers from Gilwell. :-) It is a bit more expensive, but the quality
      is much better.

      Yours in Scouting,

      ~Elaine Boyd
      Scouter in NH
      I used to be a Bear!
      And a good old Staffer too!
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 16, 2011
        $65 is the 100 year beads made from oak from Gilwell.
        2010 Special Edition of 3 bead Wood Badge made from Genuine Gilwell Oak in a
        presentation box with Gilwell Park engraved inside. Each Oak Wood Badge includes
        a numbered authenticity certificate

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 16, 2011
          Sorry for the confusion on this, folks. I always figured if ya gotta go, go First Class!

          In Service,
          Doc Marshall