Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Who Manufacturers The Wood Badge Beads For The BSA

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 11, 2011
      Yes they are restricted, but all you need do is show your Wood Badge
      Training card to get them at our local Scout Shop.
      Yours in Service to Scouting,
      -- Jim

      On Feb 11, 2011, at 8:46 PM, Jon Baake wrote:

      > Or get them from Gilwell! http://www.sbuk.org.uk/info.centre/catalog.php?cat=190#TI814030
      > . No restrictions. Better yet, go to the UK and pick them up at
      > Gilwell. What better excuse for a trip to England.
      >
      > Jon

    • doc marshall
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 12, 2011
        Yep, nice beads and who wouldn't like to have a set from Gilwell?! However, at $65.00 for a three-bead set the ones from National supply are looking pretty good.

        In Scouting and Service,
        Doc Marshall

        Or get them from Gilwell! http://www.sbuk.org.uk/info.centre/catalog.php?cat=190#TI814030. No restrictions. Better yet, go to the UK and pick them up at Gilwell. What better excuse for a trip to England.

        Jon

        You can get them thru National supply, but it's a restricted item. You may need to go thru your Council to order a set if you need them. This was on the website:

        Wood Badge 3 Bead, Beads
        Beads are made of mixed hard wood. A Mixture of hickory and poplar. 40" Leather strap.
        Retail Price: $10.99
        Item: 2176
        Availability:
        This is a restricted item. Available only in your local council trading post or Scout Shop with required paperwork.

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "D. Place" <zelnar@...> wrote:

        > The Wood Badge beads used in out council are made personally by the staffers
        > for that course. A friend of mine lost his and had to write to England to
        > get a new set.
        >

        > =Dave

      • Elaine Boyd
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 14, 2011
          $65 per set!?! I'm not too sure where you got that, but I checked the link and it is about $10 per set. In my council we buy all our bead sets, woggles and neckers from Gilwell. :-) It is a bit more expensive, but the quality is much better.

          Yours in Scouting,

          ~Elaine Boyd
          Scouter in NH
          I used to be a Bear!
          And a good old Staffer too!

        • tttrack@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 14, 2011
            Same with Old Hickory. There are some "special" sets that are numbered,
            that are made from a tree cut down at Gilwell. Those are the expensive sets.

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 16, 2011
              $65 is the 100 year beads made from oak from Gilwell.
              2010 Special Edition of 3 bead Wood Badge made from Genuine Gilwell Oak in a
              presentation box with Gilwell Park engraved inside. Each Oak Wood Badge includes
              a numbered authenticity certificate

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 16, 2011
                Sorry for the confusion on this, folks. I always figured if ya gotta go, go First Class!

                In Service,
                Doc Marshall