RE: [Scouter_T] Interesting YP interpretation on outings

  • Scouter Chuck
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 6, 2011
      Fred Skrotzki wrote:

      > While that is what is written there are other items that also
      > need to be taken into account

      Absolutely!

      [snip]
      > My local Pack and Troop go one step further and do three deep.
      [snip rest]

      What we need to remember, and most people tend to overlook, is
      that the "2 deep" in the G2SS is a MINIMUM. I.e., the more the
      better. In my personal opinion, having only 3 leaders on an
      outing is almost as bad as having only 2.

      There are also state and local laws which need to be taken into
      account, such as "1 adult for every 5 children", or whatever the
      standard is for the age of the Cubs and what the local goverment
      has written in the statutes.

      BTW, looking back to the previous discussion on Tiger Cub Parent/
      Partners needing YPT, I asked the District Commissioner of my
      District about that at the District Committee Meeting last Tuesday.
      He said that absolutely the TCPP should have YPT. His reasoning
      is because they are in direct contact with the other boys in the
      Den, as well as their own child(ren).

      Also, we need to remember that YPT, the G2SS, and a minimum of "2
      deep" in leadership is there to protect US.

      I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
      District Committee Member at Large
      -- Stephen R. Covey