Re: [Scouter_T] Re: Mandatory Training How is it Going?

  • Scouter Chuck
    Message 1 of 28 , Jan 3, 2011
      Lisa Titus wrote:

      > Bill - In this situation where the Tiger's Adult Partner is not
      > his parent or legal guardian, we are required to have the Adult
      > partner complete an adult application. I'm sure they are not
      > required to have YPT because of their position code (AP) and I
      > suspect they are not background checked even though they do give
      > their SS# on the application.
      >
      > That's why I was wondering.

      I'm not Bill, but let me throw in my answer. This seems to be
      another one of the "exceptions that prove the rule".

      I'm not sure how it works, now, but it used to be that the Tiger
      boys were accompanied by a parent or guardian to the Den meeting.
      Since there is no 1-on-1 contact at that meeting between the leader
      and the boys, it would seem that YPT is not required. _Assuming_
      that model is still working. If the Tiger is now a regular Den,
      then the model for the regular Den would seem to apply.

      HOWEVER:
      In the case of a Tiger Adult Partner who is not the parent or
      legal guardian, taking YPT would be wise for them just to make
      sure that there are no questions about the registration or
      relationship.

      That is, of course, applying what I consider to be "common sense"
      to the issue.

      I "used to be" an Antelope! -- WEM-10-95
      District Committee Member at Large
      -- Stephen R. Covey