Re: [Scouter_T] Service project

  • Frank Toothaker
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2010
      Great idea.  Don't forget to include doctors and nurses too.  And CNAs and LVNs as well.  We have some great librarians that really provide a great service to the community.  And our teachers and little league coaches too.

      Frank

      --- On Fri, 11/19/10, Mark & Kelly Clark <Markellyc@...> wrote:

      I'm starting to get the word out again for a fantastic service project idea.
      Thank You Day is a day where we thank the people who chose to be emergency
      responders that help and protect everyone that needs it. May 19th is the
      official day it's "celebrated" and 2010 was the first year. Since Thank You
      Day 2011 is approaching, it's time to start planning.

      Doing things to show gratitude to these people is what should be done on a
      daily basis but, making it a special effort for Thank You Day is intended to
      start that habit.

      Girl Scouts from all over the US made a huge impact last May 19th. Troops
      got together and made tons of thank you cards, signs, and banners. Then
      they delivered those to Police stations, Fire stations, and Emergency
      hospitals on May 19th as a personal group effort. It had a huge impact!

      Many of those troops sent photos of what they did and a video is being
      produced to show all the amazing things they did. That video will be passed
      around to spark the effort for 2011.

      A Thank You Day web site is being created as well so I'll spread that around
      when it's done. For now a blog called http://bigtimethanks.wordpress.com/
      is where you can go to get more information and ideas.

      If you have any more questions please ask away. Also, if you have any ideas
      for troops/individuals to do to support Thank You Day, please pass them on.
      If you have connections to other groups of people, let the know or, let me
      know because I'd like to get them on board too.

      Thanks so much for your interest!

      Kelly

      Thank You party that inspired the first Thank You Day:

      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU8rbsK3Bw&feature=email> YouTube -
      Kelly's Thank You Party