Re: [Scouter_T] TDC

  • Zachary McCarty O.D.
    Message 1 of 62 , Nov 13, 2010
      That is correct as far as Wood Badge, NYLT, and Powderhorn staff is concerned. These syllabi all state clearly that to serve on either staff, a Scouter must have taken Trainer's EDGE within the past three years and TDC does not count/is not recognized.

      Zachary S. McCarty, OD
      Cherokee Area Council
      Council Training Chair

      On Nov 13, 2010, at 5:45 AM, "apatschin75" <tttrack@...> wrote:

      > My Wood Badge Coordinator just returned from the Southern Region and said that everyone was told that TDC was no longer a recognized training course.
      >
      > Anyone seen anything official published?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Tom Travis
      > OHC Trail Quail

    • David Gottshall
      Message 62 of 62 , Nov 16, 2010
        Having attended and staffed both, I find them almost completely different in scope and audience.

        TDC is a toolbox course. It provides a wide variety of nuts and bolts to develop training aids with very little pre-course preparation and only limited practical training/exercise.

        Trainer's EDGE is a more practical course with extensive pre-preparation and with over half the course dedicated to practical exercises, delivery, and review of individual presenter skills.

        Gerry correctly notes that TDC is an excellent initial training development course. Trainer's EDGE is a different animal.

        I have found that this two-tier system of training; one for NYLT and WB and one for everything else to be counter-productive.

        Dave Gottshall