Run Time for Online Training Courses

  • tvcubtrainers
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 14, 2010
      Does anyone have a listing of the estimated run time for the online training courses on myscouting.org? I'm trying to let my volunteers know how long each of the courses will take them to get through. Of course, I know that the time will vary by individual however, there should always be an estimated time to complete listed. Of course I could go through each of them to estimate but I don't have hours to spend so I'm hoping that one of you esteemed colleagues may already have the answer.

      YIS,

      Phil Weiss
      ADC, Twin Valley District
    • Ben Ward
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 14, 2010
        see the description at http://scouting.org/training/adult.aspx times are noted.
        Yours in Scouting,

        Ben Ward

        Eagle Scout Class 1999
        Heart of Virginia Council # 602

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 14, 2010
          >see the description at http://scouting.org/training/adult.aspx times are noted.

          For some courses, yes. But not for the new on-line Cub scout position specific training, which is what the OP was asking.

          Jamie Niss Dunn
          Pack Trainer, Pack 512
          Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
          Troop Committee, Troop 509
          Ham Lake, MN
          Secretary, Crew 849
          Coon Rapids, MN
          Cub Scout Training Coordinator
          Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
          Three Rivers District

          .

        • Ben Ward
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 14, 2010
            I am sure in due time it will be out, This training just came out a couple of
            weeks ago.

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 15, 2010
              The new Cub Scout Specific courses take about 50min

              --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "tvcubtrainers" <tvcubtrainers@...> wrote:

              > Does anyone have a listing of the estimated run time for the online training courses on myscouting.org? I'm trying to let my volunteers know how long each of the courses will take them to get through. Of course, I know that the time will vary by individual however, there should always be an estimated time to complete listed. Of course I could go through each of them to estimate but I don't have hours to spend so I'm hoping that one of you esteemed colleagues may already have the answer.
              >
              > YIS,
              >
              > Phil Weiss
              > ADC, Twin Valley District

            • tvcubtrainers
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 15, 2010
                Jaime,

                Thank you, you are correct. The new ones are specifically what I was looking for. However, thank you Ben and others for the link to the other course times. If anyone had run times for the new Cub Leader-Specific courses, that would be awesome.

                Phil Weiss,
                ADC, Twin Valley District, San Francisco Bay Area Council