OLC/MyScouting.org Security

  • ChadCCooper
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2010
      Has anyone heard of any security issues with MyScouting's on-line learning center?

      I have an unusual report with few details from a member in my district. Someone from another state called this Scouter to let him know that she had somehow accidentally been logged-in to his on-line profile. This was not the case of him leaving himself logged-in at a library or internet hot-spot location. Does anyone know where issues with on-line should be reported?

      - Chad
      Chief Black Dog, Northern Star Council
      Apple Valley, MN
    • Corinna Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2010
        Chad,
        Once, a couple of years ago, I logged on to recharter, and ended up on
        another unit's record. I reported to an IT expert and outstanding scouter
        who had not encountered this happening prior to it.
        He is now the acc for IT. I assume your council has a similar position, and
        would like to know about it.

        Corinna

        > Has anyone heard of any security issues with MyScouting's on-line learning
        > center?
        >
        > I have an unusual report with few details from a member in my district.
        > Someone from another state called this Scouter to let him know that she
        > had somehow accidentally been logged-in to his on-line profile. This was
        > not the case of him leaving himself logged-in at a library or internet
        > hot-spot location. Does anyone know where issues with on-line should be
        > reported?
        >
        > - Chad
        > Chief Black Dog, Northern Star Council
        > Apple Valley, MN

      • Teresa Hall
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 5, 2010
          The online help desk is 1-800-627-3025. I've been told by Scouters in my
          district that you may have to leave a message, but they DO return their
          messages.

          Teresa Hall
          Cub Training Chair
          Vulcan District