RE: [Scouter_T] Tour Permits

  • Brian Duane
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 2, 2010
      Personally, I have always felt that completing a tour permit whenever we
      left town was a good idea as it did serve as a planning tool (must be
      completed in advance) and a good check list of sorts. Also, it removed any
      doubts about when a tour permit is required. Because in our council, tour
      permits are.

      not required unless you leave the council

      Except 1) when the location requires it (there are out of council scout
      camps in our council area), 2) when there is swimming, 3) when there is
      water involved (boats, etc), 4) when there is climbing, and other exceptions
      that come up from time to time.

      However, we have had situations where council seems upset with us and
      rejects a tour permit because "you don't need one". Weird but true.

      Brian Duane