RE: [Scouter_T] It's here...

  • fred-scouts@skrotzki.net
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 30, 2010
      my choices under Cub Scout tab are:
      Youth Protection Training
      Youth Protection Training Retake Course | Review Course

      Fast Start Training
      Den Leader Fast Start Retake Course | Review Course
      Cubmaster Fast Start Retake Course | Review Course
      Pack Committee Fast Start Retake Course | Review Course

      Leader Position-Specific Training
      Leader Position-Specific - Tiger Cub Take Course
      Leader Position-Specific - Wolf Cub Take Course
      Leader Position-Specific - Bear Cub Take Course
      Leader Position-Specific - Webelos Take Course
      Leader Position-Specific - Cubmaster Take Course
      Leader Position-Specific - Pack Trainer Take Course
      Leader Position-Specific - Pack Committee Take Course

      Orientation Training
      This is Scouting Retake Course | Review Course

      Basic Training

      Supplemental Training
      Physical Wellness Retake Course | Review Course
      Safe Swim Defense Retake Course | Review Course
      Safety Afloat Retake Course | Review Course
      Weather Hazards Retake Course | Review Course
      ScoutParents Unit Coordinator Fast Start Retake Course | Review Course

      _____

      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 2, 2010
        Personally, I have always felt that completing a tour permit whenever we
        left town was a good idea as it did serve as a planning tool (must be
        completed in advance) and a good check list of sorts. Also, it removed any
        doubts about when a tour permit is required. Because in our council, tour
        permits are.

        not required unless you leave the council

        Except 1) when the location requires it (there are out of council scout
        camps in our council area), 2) when there is swimming, 3) when there is
        water involved (boats, etc), 4) when there is climbing, and other exceptions
        that come up from time to time.

        However, we have had situations where council seems upset with us and
        rejects a tour permit because "you don't need one". Weird but true.

        Brian Duane