Youth Protection Training

  • Michael Crothers
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 2 6:53 AM
      As a council training chair I am interested in how other councils are tackling this effort.

      In Tecumseh Council we are doing the following:

      a. Increasing the number of classes teaching Youth Protection training.
      b. Sent out a letter to everyone who is not current.
      c. Sent out a letter to all who would expire before recharter.
      d. Included a letter in the Program Kickoff packet for each unit.
      e. Council Commissioners staff intend to be avail for training at the unit level.
      f. Sending a DVD with the video, quiz, facilitators guide, and local reporting procedures to
         each unit in the council.
      g. Showing the Video at District and Council level meets.
      Yours In Scouting

      Mike Crothers

      Tecumseh Council Training Chair

      and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

      and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 2 9:14 AM
        So far we have been pushing people to take the online training with pretty good results. Instructor led is an option, but then you have the record keeping headache

        Bill