Re: New Myscouting Tool: Training Validation

  • C. J. Johnson
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 9, 2010
      That's correct. After I moved out here I received a new card from my new
      council. It never occurred to me to check the numbers so when I logged on
      with my new council card....everything was gone. So, we had to go back to
      my old council and get the records to manually reconcile them. You'd think
      there would be a better process by now.

      C. J. Johnson, BHS, NREMT-P (Ret.)
      District Training Chair
      Big Pines District
      Crater Lake Council
      Medford, Oregon

      <<I checked my Training Validation, and it only has the training that I took
      since 2003 (which is just after I moved to West Virginia). It doesn't show
      any training from the time when I first became an adult volunteer in 1981,
      including Scoutmaster Fundamentals, Outdoor Leader Training, Wood Badge,
      etc., nor does it show any of my professional training (I used to be a
      DE).>>

      From what I understand, your member # changes when you change councils, so
      training taken in another council doesn't automatically follow you. I
      believe when you transfer councils you have to take your record from your
      old council to the new council and have the training manually entered.

      Jamie Niss Dunn
      Pack Trainer, Pack 512
      Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
      Troop Committee, Troop 509