Distance Learning/Server Test

  • Robert Wilson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2010
      I'm playing with software from http://bigbluebutton.org and am interested in
      testing a server that was set up today. I've got a course on
      recruiting/keeping volunteers that is taught at our University of Scouting
      that might be a good test. It will take 30-45 minutes, much shorter if it
      crashes and burns. :-) Would ya'll be interested in being guinea pigs? I'm
      in the Eastern time zone. I'm thinking about starting around 8:30 PM
      Thursday or Friday.

      You'd need a browser with Flash and at a minimum speakers, although a
      headset would be better. The software does allow for voice chat, but until
      it is tested, I'm not sure how usable that will be.
      Thanks,

      Robert Wilson
      COR, Burks United Methodist Church
      Hixson, TN

    • Robert Wilson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13, 2010
        I just did some youth training via the Internet with Big Blue Button for our
        SPL and ASPL. Their annual planning meeting is Saturday. They've never done
        an annual plan before nor have they been through any youth leader training.
        This was a kickstart for them. It worked pretty well.

        Robert