Training Materials in Spanish

  • Scott Smith
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
      I am trying to locate information on training materials in Spanish. In
      particular, I would like to understand if their is a copy of Youth
      Protection and This Is Scouting in Spanish. If so, what are those DVD's
      order numbers? Does one procure them through the Scout Shop or some other
      way via National. Thanks for the help.

      Scott Smith
      Catalina Council Training Chair

    • Bill
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
        Youth Protection Guidelines (video and leader's guide) (No. 94-126)
        This is the Spanish-dubbed translation of the full-length Youth Protection Training for Leaders.

        For more information see:

        http://scouting.org/sitecore/content/HispanicInitiatives/Resources.aspx

        http://www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection/CubScout.aspx?sc_lang=en

        --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Scott Smith <smithds@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to locate information on training materials in Spanish. In
        > particular, I would like to understand if their is a copy of Youth
        > Protection and This Is Scouting in Spanish. If so, what are those DVD's
        > order numbers? Does one procure them through the Scout Shop or some other
        > way via National. Thanks for the help.
        >
        > Scott Smith
        > Catalina Council Training Chair

      • Jamie Niss Dunn
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
          There was a version of NLE in Spanish, so I would hope they've done This is Scouting.

          See: http://www.scouting.org/sitecore/content/Home/MultiCultural/HispanicLatino.aspx

          Here's the contact info for the Multicultural Markets team:

          Contact Information
          Phone: (972) 580–2119
          Fax: (972) 580–7870
          multicultural@...
          http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/MultiCultural/Resources.aspx

          They should be able to help you.

          Jamie Niss Dunn
          Pack Trainer, Pack 512
          Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
          Troop Committee, Troop 509
          Ham Lake, MN
          Secretary, Crew 849
          Coon Rapids, MN
          Cub Scout Training Coordinator
          Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
          Three Rivers District

        • Michael Crothers
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
            This is the scouting.org Spanish resource page which list everything available in Spanish

            http://www.scouting.org/sitecore/content/HispanicInitiatives/Resources.aspx

            Yours In Scouting

            Mike Crothers

            and a good old staffer too NE-CS-13

            and I used to be a good old Fox WE4-57-06

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 8, 2010
              Another idea...

              My council's Scoutreach professional had copies of EVERYthing available in
              Spanish in her office, ready to use. I've only put on training in Spanish
              once, and she supplied everything we needed. Sure saved a lot not having to
              invest in the syllabus and related publications. But if you are going to be
              doing this repeatedly, it might be easier to invest.

              And my apologies if someone else posted this, I haven't been reading
              everything.

              Teresa
              Vulcan District Cub Training Chair
              Greater AL Council