RE: [Scouter_T] Re: New Youth Protect Rules

  • Mark Ellis
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 2, 2010
      I asked that question of the National support staff. They update the data
      from myscouting.org to ScoutNet every Friday.

      Here's the step by step directions, provided by my colleague, Michael
      Groover.

      The "Bucket" list information is generated through the "ELearning Completed
      Courses" report in ScoutNet. A professional Scouter will have to run this
      report for you.

      1. Login to MyBSA site
      2. Select ScoutNet from the menu bar going across the screen
      3. Select Program from the ScoutNet Menu on the left side of the
      screen, this will start window titled "BSA Production"
      a. Select Membership
      b. Under Membership select "Membership Reports"
      c. Then select Membership Report Type - "Advancement and Training", at
      this point the report list will populate. It may take a minute to complete.

      There are two reports that are related,
      1. "ELearning Completed Courses Summary" generates statistics on the
      courses completed. Switch between the different tabs to configure the report
      with items such as Start/End date and selecting specific courses to include.
      2. "ELearning Completed Courses" generates reports on those who took
      ELearning sessions. The key with this report is the "E_Learning" tab which
      will allow you to select who to include in the report. The options allow you
      to select everyone;
      a. who completed the course
      b. who had a valid BSA ID # and completed the course
      c. who completed the course and did not have a BSA ID #

      Once you go through the tabs for the report and set the options just click
      on the Create Report button. You will stay on this screen while the system
      collects the data for the report. It will pop up a message once the data is
      process and submitted to the reporting server.

      To get your report you will go back to your browser window and select
      "Printing" from the ScoutNet menu on the left side of the page. When the
      report is completed it will appear in the list of items ready to print. At
      this point you can open the file to review and then export the file to PDF
      or Excel.

      Mark Ellis

      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 3, 2010
        4) ...AND the entire name MUST be spelled exactly the same as the
        registration form or the system will NOT match the number with the
        training!