Re: New Youth Protect Rules

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 2, 2010
      Here is my understanding:

      If you take any online course and your Member ID is in the profile on MyScouting.org then that training is recorded instantly.

      If you took training and later entered your Member ID one of two senarios could occur:

      1. If you entered your member ID the last month or so, all your online training should have migrated to the council database (this is a recent enhancement I am told)

      2. If you entered your member ID earlier than that, then the information did not automatically migrate and you need to input a survey form.

      Now, I have not personally verified #1 is true yet, but people have said that is how it works.

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Scott Smith <smithds@...> wrote:

      > Another question, does anyone out there know exactly how a council's
      > ScoutNet database is 'refreshed' with the information from MyScouting
      > online training (e-learning center)? And how often? People complain all the
      > time that their online training information has not been 'transferred' to
      > their record in our council's ScoutNet database but when they give me a
      > printoff of their certificate and I go and check it, it is almost always
      > there. Any information would be good information!
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Scott Smith
      > Catalina Council Training Chair

    • Jim
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 3, 2010
        4) ...AND the entire name MUST be spelled exactly the same as the
        registration form or the system will NOT match the number with the
        training!
        Yours in Service to Scouting,
        -- Jim