Re: New Youth Protect Rules

  • Dawn
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 1, 2010
      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Teresa Hall <WarEagle78@...> wrote:

      > If you log back in to ScoutNet with the login id and password that you used
      > to take the test, and add your ID number and council to THAT
      > account,ScoutNet will have all the training data associated with that
      > account. I've seen it work in our council.

      Following up my post, the new leaders who attach the certificates may, in theory, have the training logged by the Registrar at the time they are entered in the system.

      However, I still have several leaders who have been unsuccessful at going back and entering their Membership numbers to get credit for their online coursework and as back up, I have them send in those certificates for manual entry (which of course creates a paper problem for the Registrar).

      To be honest, at this point there are many days when it seems like I need to run computer courses rather than BSA training because this seems where the knowledge gap is at the moment.

      Dawn Gent
      Wilmington, DE
    • Jim
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 3, 2010
        4) ...AND the entire name MUST be spelled exactly the same as the
        registration form or the system will NOT match the number with the
        training!
        Yours in Service to Scouting,
        -- Jim