Re: New Youth Protect Rules

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 35 , May 31, 2010
      Donna,

      The only registered leader in a Tiger den is the Tiger Den Leader. They would be the only one who would need to take the training right away. Of course, it never hurts to have all parents take the training at some point.

      I am not sure how this would affect back to school nights. [I am assuming you are talking about what we call Join Scouting Nights run by the Pack, not the open house run by the school.] At these events you are trying to get the parents to sign up the youth and organize any new Dens.

      For any new leaders, take their applications and give them the information to complete the mandatory training, whether it is the web link, or the date the Pack or District has available for a facilitated session.

      Yours in Scouting,
      Ken

      --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Donna F. Williams" <williamsdfw@...> wrote:

      > Does this include the new Tiger Parents who are partners and must complete
      > an adult application? That's really going to slow up back to school
      > nights- although I do understand the principal! Donna
    • Jim
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 3, 2010
        4) ...AND the entire name MUST be spelled exactly the same as the
        registration form or the system will NOT match the number with the
        training!
        Yours in Service to Scouting,
        -- Jim