Introduction

  • DSCaridi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 54 , May 12, 2010
      Hello all --

      I have been involved with BSA training since 1994. I've done all that you
      would expect to be done by someone who has been active that long. I've
      come be disappointed with some of the Scouting-related lists and hope to get
      plugged into a group that focuses specifically on training issues.

      For the record, as far as working with youth -- I've been a Den Leader, a
      WEBELOS Den Leader, an Assistant Cubmaster, a Cubmaster, an Assistant
      Scoutmaster, a Scoutmaster, a Venture Advisor and staffed Council-level National
      Youth Leader Training (old and new); as far as working with adults -- I've
      staffed Wood Badge (3x, old and new), Powder Horn (4x), District Training
      Chair, Council Boy Scout Training Chair, and Council Back Country Outdoor
      Leaders Skills Coordinator.

      YiS & WWW,
      Dominick Caridi
      Colonial District Program Vice-Chairman and Training Chair
      Council Back Country Outdoor Leaders Skills Coordinator
      National Capital Area Council

      Message 54 of 54 , Feb 24, 2016
        Welcome
        Connie

        From: "Ken Guarino fguarino@... [scouter_t]" <scouter_t@yahoogroups.com>

        Hi all,

        I am just joining the group and hope to be able to share my experiences and obtain insight / tips, etc. from other members.  A brief background:
        Have been a scouter for 24 years, both my sons are Eagles, and I’ve worn MANY hats on the district and unit level.  Various Cub positions on committee and as a den leader, spent 14 years with a troop as a committee member and 7 years as Scoutmaster. Currently a Unit Commissioner and a District Training Chairman in the Theodore Roosevelt Council in New York.  Silver Beaver recipient, OA vigil, Wood Badge Eagle.

        Ken