2010-2011 Cub Scout Roundtable Guide - cross posting

  • danielgrummert
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2010
      According to nationals website, this is due out shortly. If anyone sees it available, please post so I know when to start bugging our council to get it. With the recent changes to Cub Scouting, I would like to see/get a copy asap.
      Thanks
      Dan
    • Chad C. Cooper
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2010
        We have not yet received the Roundtable Guide. However, our stores were
        able to get in a few copies of the Den & Pack Meeting Resource Guide. I
        spent part of the weekend with my nose buried in it. I am impressed.
        While I might quibble with a few minor things; for BSA, this really is a
        very good publication. I hope that this catches-on with our packs; it
        has the potential of making the den leaders really feel that their job
        has been simplified.

        - Chad
        Chief Black Dog, Northern Star Council
        Apple Valley, MN

        On 5/4/10 4:13 AM, danielgrummert wrote:

        > According to nationals website, this is due out shortly. If anyone
        > sees it available, please post so I know when to start bugging our
        > council to get it. With the recent changes to Cub Scouting, I would
        > like to see/get a copy asap.
        > Thanks
        > Dan

      • Bert
        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2010
          Yeah, while I don't yet see a new Roundtable Guide, new Cub Materials have dropped onto Scoutstuff.org (and frankly, one could probably fill up some RT sessions just leafing through the new Guide):

          32354 Cub Scout Den & Pack Meeting Resource Guide $6.99

          see (if this link comes through):
          http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=BOOKS_LIT&c3=LDRS_TRAINING&c4=&lv=3&item=32354

          33221 Cub Scout Leader Book $7.99

          see
          http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=BOOKS_LIT&c3=LDRS_TRAINING&c4=&lv=3&item=33221

          (don't know why, as I write this, they don't show it with the new cover yet, but it says it is updated)

          34875 Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training $9.99

          see
          http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=BOOKS_LIT&c3=LDRS_TRAINING&c4=&lv=3&item=34875

          This one is a surprise, since the last update said this wouldn't appear until the summer . . . .

          I ordered from Scoutstuff on Friday, will let you know when they arrive . . .
        • Bert
          Message 4 of 5 , May 4, 2010
            and . . . this just in: the new Guide, Leader Book and Training Book arrived in my office this afternoon (standard shipping from Charlotte, so, it was as quick as could be) . . .

            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Bert" <bbender@...> wrote:

            > . . . new Cub Materials have dropped onto Scoutstuff.org (and frankly, one could probably fill up some RT sessions just leafing through the new Guide) . . .
          • Staci Kilpatrick
            Message 5 of 5 , May 7, 2010
              Our store has in the Resource Guide (about 200 - yup, back hurts from moving
              them around), Leader Guide, RT Planning Guide AND CS LST book..so check your
              stores

              In addition, there is a powerpoint to help explain it all:
              http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/CubScouts/Leaders/NewDeliveryMethod/Reso
              urces.aspx - at the bottom of the page.

              _____