Yahoo Groups Planned Outage

  • Warren Kraft
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010
      Jamie and others:
      Snopes.com claims that this is false and a recyled old message
      http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/yahoo.asp

      When I clicked on the link contained in your post
       http://www.timeandd ate.com/worldclo ck/converter. html
      I got:  "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"

      Have we been "pranked" or is it now considered "punked"?
      Happy April Fools Day!

      Yours In Scouting,
      Mantowagan

      wpkraft, Chaplain
      2010 National Jamboree, Subcamp 14
      Asst Course Dir, C-36-10
      Troop 615, Oshkosh WI

      http://www.facebook.com/people/Warren_Kraft/1442726748
      http://www.murphydesmond.com/Bio/WarrenKraft.asp

      We make a living by what we get;
      we make a life by what we give.
      Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

    • Joseph Jansen
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010
        If you delete the "space" between "timeandd" and "ate", as well as the space
        between"worldclo" and "ck"
        the link does in fact work, so this doesn't appear to be an April 1st issue
        but rather getting the link
        exactly right.

        Joe Jansen

        On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Warren Kraft <warrenkraft@...> wrote:

        > Jamie and others:
        > Snopes.com claims that this is false and a recyled old message
        > http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/yahoo.asp
        >
        > When I clicked on the link contained in your post
        > http://www.timeandd ate.com/worldclo ck/converter. html
        > I got: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
        >
        > Have we been "pranked" or is it now considered "punked"?
        > Happy April Fools Day!
        >
        > Yours In Scouting,
        > Mantowagan
        >
        > wpkraft, Chaplain
        > 2010 National Jamboree, Subcamp 14
        > Asst Course Dir, C-36-10
        > Troop 615, Oshkosh WI
        >
        > http://www.facebook.com/people/Warren_Kraft/1442726748
        > http://www.murphydesmond.com/Bio/WarrenKraft.asp
        >
        > We make a living by what we get;
        > we make a life by what we give.
        > Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

      • Jamie Niss Dunn
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010
          The message announcing the outage is on the top of each Yahoo! groups page to which I belong. Unlless someone has hacked all of Yahoo! to post bogus info, I tend to believe this really will occur. We'll see this afternoon!

          Jamie Niss Dunn
          Pack Trainer, Pack 512
          Blaine/Coon Rapids, MN
          Troop Committee, Troop 509
          Ham Lake, MN
          Secretary, Crew 849
          Coon Rapids, MN
          Cub Scout Training Coordinator
          Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioner
          Three Rivers District

        • Warren
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2010
            I sure didn't lack for receiving messages, especially from SCOUTS-L all day. At night perhaps it hit, maybe when I was safely asleep!

            enjoy
            wpk