RE: [Scouter_T] Re: Cub Scouts 2010

  • Ronald Parks
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
      All that information can be found on the Top Hands presentation at
      http://www.scouting.org/cubscouts2010.aspx.

      One of the principles for successful organizational change is "Communicate
      for Buy-in." With that in mind, our district and Council have been
      including information on Fast Tracks in the Introduction to Cub Scouting
      module for nearly a year. In addition, we presented the video (downloaded
      from YouTube) and the Top Hands presentation found on the Cub Scout 2010 web
      page at our district Cub Scout Leader Training session last month and the
      response from the leaders was all positive. We will be doing the
      presentation again at Roundtable tonight during the Cub Scout break-out
      session.

      This is the way we will be delivering Cub Scouting beginning in June. We
      need to get this information to our unit leaders now.

      Yours in Scouting,

      Ron Parks

      Training Chair

      Victory District

      Alamo Area Council

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2010
        I suggest everyone interested take a look at the most recent BALOO's Bugle -
        the link is here:

        http://usscouts.org/bbugle/bb1002.pdf

        This gives some very good, current and comprehensive information about the
        changes, down to the anticipated roll-out dates of the materials. I do know
        that these dates have been pushed back a very little bit - a week perhaps -
        due to some February weather shut-downs in Dallas. You should find this to
        be a good complement to the Top Hands presentation.

        Teresa Hall
        Vulcan District Cub Training Chair
        Greater AL Council

      • Bill
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2010
          Is the online training still scheduled for May?