Re: [Scouter_T] Input of training records into ScoutNet

  • mcquaidfam@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
      Hi Scott,
      Nope. Not an easier way. Sorry. Been there, doing that.
      sigh
      Marian McQuaid
      Boston Minuteman Council

      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 4, 2010
        Corbin Sarchet wrote (Wed Mar 3, 2010 8:36 am (PST)):

        > Pack Traineis C62. And I think they use YO1 forboth test and on line or
        > class training.

        Thanks Corbin. C62 is the code for Pack Trainer specific training. I'm looking for the code for
        the Pack Trainer trainiing knot.

        I think there is a separate code for taking the Youth Protection quiz. My Person Profile shows I
        took "WEB Take Youth Protection Quiz" and shows a number of "Youth Protection Training" entries, so
        I think there should be a separate code for the quiz.

        God bless!

        Geoffrey
      • Ben Ward
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 4, 2010
          Y00 is for the WEB Youth Protection Quiz. Taken directly from the Training Course Code Report.

          Corbin Sarchet wrote (Wed Mar 3, 2010 8:36 am (PST)):

          > Pack Traineis C62. And I think they use YO1 forboth test and on line or
          > class training.

          Thanks Corbin. C62 is the code for Pack Trainer specific training. I'm looking for the code for
          the Pack Trainer trainiing knot.

          I think there is a separate code for taking the Youth Protection quiz. My Person Profile shows I
          took "WEB Take Youth Protection Quiz" and shows a number of "Youth Protection Training" entries, so
          I think there should be a separate code for the quiz.

          God bless!

          Geoffrey

        • techrescuemedic
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 5, 2010
            I just received my "Person Listing" print out from the council office yesterday as I'm moving across the country Monday morning. My Pack Trainer award is listed like this: "02/12/10 Training Awards C62: Pack Trainer Award".

            I don't remember seeing any other "Pack Trainer" entries, either training or awards, in the listings.

            C. J. Johnson, BHS, NREMT-Paramedic (Ret.)
            President/Owner
            Emergency Services Special Operations Group, LLC
            Charleston, South Carolina

            843-991-3928 (Cell)
            484-991-3922 (Fax)

            johnsoch@...

            Vires quod Veneratio

            --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, Ben Ward <troop555eaglescout@...> wrote:

            > Y00 is for the WEB Youth Protection Quiz. Taken directly from the Training Course Code Report.

          • Geoffrey Mayer
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 6, 2010
              techrescuemedic (C. J. Johnson) wrote (Fri Mar 5, 2010 3:33 am (PST)):

              > I just received my "Person Listing" print out from the council office yesterday as I'm moving
              > across the country Monday morning. My Pack Trainer award is listed like this: "02/12/10 Training
              > Awards C62: Pack Trainer Award".
              >
              > I don't remember seeing any other "Pack Trainer" entries, either training or awards, in the
              > listings.

              Okay! I thought Pack Trainer training was C62. Anybody else have thoughts? My Person Profile
              shows "Pack Trainer Pos. Specific Tng." and we gave the registrar C62 as the code. I thought the
              training and award codes were different. Like Tiger Cub Den Leader training is C41 and the Tiger
              Cub Den Leader knot is C43.

              Thanks and God bless!

              Geoffrey
            • Bill
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 6, 2010
                Pack Trainer Leader Specific code is C62

                see National's list here:
                http://scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/trainingcoursesreport2009.pdf

                --- In scouter_t@yahoogroups.com, "Geoffrey Mayer" <geoffrey@...> wrote:

                > techrescuemedic (C. J. Johnson) wrote (Fri Mar 5, 2010 3:33 am (PST)):
                >
                > > I just received my "Person Listing" print out from the council office yesterday as I'm moving
                > > across the country Monday morning. My Pack Trainer award is listed like this: "02/12/10 Training
                > > Awards C62: Pack Trainer Award".
                > >
                > > I don't remember seeing any other "Pack Trainer" entries, either training or awards, in the
                > > listings.
                >
                > Okay! I thought Pack Trainer training was C62. Anybody else have thoughts? My Person Profile
                > shows "Pack Trainer Pos. Specific Tng." and we gave the registrar C62 as the code. I thought the
                > training and award codes were different. Like Tiger Cub Den Leader training is C41 and the Tiger
                > Cub Den Leader knot is C43.
                >
                > Thanks and God bless!
                >
                > Geoffrey

              • Nina Wolfson
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 7, 2010
                  There are several codes that are the same for both training and awards. When you update a person's record in ScoutNet with one of these 'duplicate' codes (like C62) you have to select from which Code C62 - for the award or for the training.

                  Does this help? (Like things aren't confusing enough?) There's only a few that I recall that are like that - I think CSPST - Tigers and Tiger Den Leader Award are both the same codes, too.

                  Nina Wolfson
                  Gulf Ridge Council
                  Tampa, FL